Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Letter Jacket Dreams

This morning my daughter asked me if I ever "lettered" in anything in high school. And if I had a letter jacket.

Here's how the conversation went:

"Did you get a letter in high school?"

"I think I got a letter for band."

"Band? I meant for a sport?"

"Well, the only sport I did was Ski Team. But I don't think I got a letter."

"But, did you have a Letter Jacket?"

"Nope. I didn't have a letter jacket."

(I did NOT tell her that there was no way in heck that I would have worn a letter jacket in high school. I was way too "alternative" and cool for that nonsense.)

Then she said, "I want to letter in track so I can get a Letter Jacket."

OK then. I'm thrilled that she's thinking ahead like that. I'm excited that she wants to stick with track and run like nobody's business. It's something I never would have done and I'm thrilled she wants to.

So what if the motivation seems to be fashion rather than actual fitness. Whatever works is OK by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment