Tuesday, August 28, 2012

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

I'm back!

I took the last three weeks off for summer fun with my family.  But now it's a week away from school beginning and the official start of fall.

So, I'm back and ready to blog!


Here's a photo essay of What I Did On My Summer Vacation.  I hope you enjoy it!

* * * * * 

In early August, we travelled to the Quad Cities (Moline, IL) to visit Big Nana.

Big Nana is Paul's grandma and Juliana's great-grandma.  Here's the Illinois Family.



While we were there we visited the American Pickers store in a very cute little town.



I drove Uncle Pete's mint-condition 1961 Corvette.



Can I PLEASE have this car!!




A week later, we travelled to the North Shore of Lake Superior with my sister and her family.



We had a little family reunion.  Here's my daughter in our cabin.


Here's my husband with our dog, Lily.



My brother, sister-in-law and their boys were there.



So were the "Chicago Relatives."



Juliana and Isabel had fun riding the Skunk and Duck!



On Saturday, the whole gang went to the Rendezvous Days and Powwow in Grand Portage, Minnesota.



The Grand Portage Band of Ojibwa hosted the Powwow.  It was amazing!



At the Powwow, American Veterans were honored and remembered.  Our relative, Howard (age 91), is a WWII veteran and was treated like royalty.  Later Howard said, "I represented everyone's father and grandfather who fought in the war."


Howard, helped by his grandson William and my brother Scott, walked around the entire circle during the Veteran honoring ceremony.  It was very moving.

Barb (Howard's daughter) and William also participated in the Powwow.



Then it was time to head back home to our cat, Cheech, who was patiently waiting for us.  Can you spot him?




All in all, our summer vacation all about good times with family and friends!



Did you take a summer vacation?


4 comments:

  1. I love your pictures! I need a copy of the one of dad walking the circle. It was soooo fun to spend time with your family. Highlight of my summer:)
    Linnea is loving her 2003 Subaru...not as cool as your vintage ride though. Be well and happy cuz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great time too! It was great to spend time with you and your family. I will send a copy of the photo to your email.

      Take care! Dara

      Delete
  2. What a fun vacation! I'm really jealous you got to see the American Pickers store. I love that show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started watching the show after visiting the store. I like it too! Now I want to go back. Apparently they have a store in Nashville now too. I hope your summer has been going well! Take care!

      Delete