This solo trip is a true getaway. A chance to write, to soak up some Vitamin D, and enjoy some little adventures. All on my own.
1. I walked on the beach where I saw shells, a little sandpiper, and a fisherman.
|Siesta Key Beach, Florida|
2. Wrote by the pool and turned a little bit pink. (Note to self: Wear sunscreen tomorrow!)
3. Damaged my rental car (slightly). Oops.
(No Picture = No Proof!)
4. Visited the Marie Selby Gardens.
|Bamboo - which is actually a type of grass!|
5. Made a new friend named Hildegard who is also a solo-vacationer. Hildegard has already invited me over to see her condo and admire the master shower that has two water heads. She thinks it's the honeymoon suite. Hildegard is from Canada. She's in her 70's.
On tap for tomorrow: Seeing alligators at Myakka River State Park, writing, and wearing sunscreen!