Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Shoplifting

Today I was shopping at a well-known store that sells designer items at discount prices.

I was looking for a pair of men's boots. Our church "adopted" a family for Christmas and the last item we needed was a pair of size 9 men's boots.

So there I was in the Men's Shoes aisle looking at a pair of $70 boots wondering where the big "discount" was supposed to be, when I noticed a young man looking at the same boots. I felt like saying to him, "Can you believe how expensive these boots are?"

Just then, he started pulling his baggy jeans way down. His back was to me and I could see his entire pair of red plaid boxer shorts. I thought, "I've seen low hanging jeans, but that is a new low."

He started messing with the front of his pants. For a split second, I seriously thought he was peeing in the store aisle. Then I figured it out.

He reached over and dropped those $70 boots down his pants.

HO, HO, HO!

Nothing like a little Christmas shoplifting to get you in the mood.

So, I casually walked over to a store employee and mentioned that the young man in Men's Shoes had just dropped some boots down his pants.

She said, "Thank you," and went to find reinforcements, I assume.

As I walked away, I happened to glance back at the young man. He was looking right at me. He knew, or guessed, that I had ratted him out.

I thought it best to leave the store.


Needless to say, I found a pair of size 9 men's boots at another store. And they didn't cost $70.

2 comments:

  1. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Good on you for reporting him. I saw a report last week that the most shoplifted item in America is steak. Guessing it probably goes down the pants too-ewwwww....Now we know why low hanging pants are such a trend, excellent hiding spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brings new meaning to "hanger steak".

    ReplyDelete