Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I'm Officially the Track Snack Mom


The word is out.

The Track Team has great snacks!

Seriously, when I asked some of my tutoring kids if they were going to join track, they said, "I heard they have good snacks."

Yes we do.


Last year's Track Snack organizer has moved onto high school with her son (who is an AMAZING runner and had better be on the high school track team!)

So, I'm taking over.


Just so you know, here's a list of good track snacks:

- Apples
- Carrots
- Pretzels
- Gummy Bears
- Licorice
- Granola Bars
- Small snack packs of nuts
- Peanut butter with pretzel snack packs


Basically, any low calorie snack with lots of carbs will work.

No candy bars please.

These kids need their healthy power carbs!


Oh, and there are about 60 kids on the team, so snacks in bulk are best.



This is not our team:


This is the St. Paul Central High School track team from 1914.

I bet they would have liked our snacks.

(They probably only got raisins.)


* * * * * * * * *

Do you have any other great Track Snack ideas? I love to hear your suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. What a good mom you are! I personally believe snacks are the most important part of the day...

    ReplyDelete