Monday, September 26, 2011

Mondays (and Thursdays)

I have a "love/hate" relationship with Mondays. But my daughter just has a "hate" relationship with them.

On Monday morning, it's always a little more difficult to get out of bed for me. It's a lot more difficult for Juliana. After a weekend of sleeping in to the late hour of 8:00 or 9:00 am, it's hard for her to get up at 6:15 am for school. This is the "hate" part of Monday.

The "love" part of Mondays for me is that it's a return to routine. I love the weekend and it's more unscheduled, relaxed atmosphere. But, a fresh Monday morning is the return to a daily routine that is comfortable and known.

My daughter's favorite day of the week is Saturday because she has absolutely no commitments or "have-to's" on Saturday. She can sit around and suck air if she so desires.

I would have thought Monday was her least favorite day of the week. But she has informed that, in fact, Monday is her second least favorite day. Thursday - poor, usually ignored Thursday - is her absolute least favorite day. Why? Because it's almost the the weekend, but not quite. It's like she can see the end in sight and then, nope, she has to go to school one more day.

For Juliana, Thursday is the cruel joke that keeps happening week after week.

No comments:

Post a Comment