Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Last Hurrah of Summer


Tomorrow I leave on a vacation "up north" with my daughter and her friend. Originally, Paul and our two dogs were coming along as well. But a change of plans has me going alone with two 13 year-old girls.

Depending on who you are and your current association with 13 year-olds, this vacation could sound like a dream or a nightmare. I'm thinking it could be a "dream."

Why, you ask? How could a vacation with two 13 year-olds be a dream? Well, here's what I figure:
- They can bathe and dress themselves,
- They can feed themselves, and
- They can entertain themselves.

I'm taking a stack of books, my writing notebook, and my favorite pillow. Of course, I'll play cards with them, go on hikes, and probably even cook for them. But overall, I'm hoping for a long weekend of chillin' out.

I'll let you know how it all works out. Maybe it will be a "dream," or maybe I'm kidding myself and I'm just "dreaming."

No comments:

Post a Comment