Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I Scream, You Scream


This is Juliana, Dara's 14 year-old daughter. Today, I will be guest blogging.


This story is not about ice cream. It's about when I went up north to the cabin with my mom and friend last summer.

One day, my friend and I decided to go on a hike. It wasn't really much of a hike; we were filming a movie on my friend's ipod and we got bored. So we just started walking up the path and called it a hike.

After a little while of walking we got bored again and turned around to come back.

The path we were on had one big hill and the hill was towards the end of the path.

As we started down the hill, my friend suddenly grabs my arm and shrieks. I, of course, think she's seen a bear or wolf or something really scary like that. You know, the kind of thing that would eat us!


So of course, I scream and then we're both screaming. She has a hold of my arm and I literally turn to run up the hill and away from whatever she saw.

According to my friend, I pushed her in front of me. According to me, I simply pulled her in front of me. You know how the saying goes: "You don't have to be faster than the bear, you just have to be faster than the other guy."

As we're standing there screaming, a freaking BIRD walks out of a bush and I realize that it was a grouse that had made us scream.


A grouse had been rustling a bush, and we didn't know what it was. Afterword, we thought it was pretty funny, but at the time that was probably the scariest four seconds of my life!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This guest post by my daughter tells me a few things about her:

1. She gets bored easily.
2. She's afraid of birds.
3. She would sacrifice her friend at a moment's notice.

I'm very proud.



No comments:

Post a Comment