Thursday, March 1, 2012

Writer's Workshop - Summer Lovin'

For Writer's Workshop today, I'm sharing some photos from last summer that "bring me back" to a time when it was warm, sunny, and green.


In Minnesota, going "up north" is a grand tradition. It's an institution. Many people go to cabins that have been in their families for generations. Others, like us, rent.

We've been going to the same place for about 9 years. It's way up north, away from practically everyone. There are loons on the lake and eagles in the sky. We've seen moose a few times.

We usually hang out at the little beach.

See that white chair. That's where I sit while my daughter and the other kids swim. My husband is usually behind me, on the swing, reading in the shade.



Here's what I see from my chair.





When we don't want to cook, we drive into town for a meal and shopping.





When the day is done, we head back to the cabin to light a fire and relax.



Ahhh, summer.


Mama’s Losin’ It

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I was there! Thanks for the glimpse of summer.

    ReplyDelete