Thursday, January 3, 2013

SHINE - My Word for 2013!

Instead of a long list of resolutions, many people select one word to guide them and inspire them through the new year.

My word is SHINE!




I chose "shine" for several reasons:

- I wanted a verb.  Verbs are action words.  They aren't passive.  I can change and grow.  I can shine!

- The definition is wonderful!

1. To emit light.
2. To reflect light; glint or glisten.
3. To distinguish oneself in an activity or a field; excel.
4. To be immediately apparent.  (ex. Delight shone in her eyes.)

- I want to shine this year!  I want to shine in my relationships, my writing, my life.  I want to reflect other people's shininess.  I want to strive to be the best me that I can be - to shine!




To share the choice of my 2013 word - SHINE - I'm linking up with Mama Kat and Liv Lane.  Go check out other people's words of the year!

What's your word?

3 comments:

  1. Shine is a wonderful word. I love that it is so positive and can be applied to so many different aspects of your life. Happy New Year! I hope it is extra shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Shine makes me think of sparkling and bright. I wish you luck with shining throughout 2013. I'll definitely be adding you to my Reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I love the word Shine. Do you have a word for 2013? If so, what is it? I love hearing what people choose.

      Delete